Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creating lunch in the kitchen today.

So, Bill was out mowing the lawn, the sun is out and we have a nice breeze. What to make for lunch? Well, since Bill is still "flirting" with being a vegetarian, I decided to treat him to a healthy meat meal.
I made Chile Lime Chicken Wraps.
I lightly coated the chicken tenderloins with a mix of wheat flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and some Chile lime seasoning.
I cooked them on the stove top with a little bit of olive oil.
While that was cooking, I wanted to make a nice sauce to go with the chicken, but the sauce turned into something so much more.
I started with the cabbage, thinly sliced some onions, added mayo and a tbsp. of sour cream, then I chopped up lots of cilantro that I picked from the garden, and the juice of one lime. Then I added a little vinegar. Then I wanted to mix it up a bit. I grabbed the black beans, sweet corn and avocado, mixed that all in and a little pepper and a little more of that Chile lime seasoning. Viola! Deeelish.
Try your own version of coleslaw. I have a great recipe for a shrimp coleslaw as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment